It is really hard to make newborn hair bows, and then attach it to baby girl’s hair that is soft, fine, and sparse. Attachment of bows to the elasticized headband is a best choice to dress up the baby’s hairdo. Prior making of these headband bows, see baby’s clothing and choose some outfits for matching ribbon and headband fabric. The things that should be kept in mind to make newborn hair bows are:
How to Make Newborn Hair Bows
1. Wash fabric in baby-safe soap. Dry it and smoothly iron it.
2. Measure around the newborn head for determining headband length.
3. Cut fabric to determined length, lesser 1 inch, plus 2 1/2 inches wide.
4. Fold fabric lengthways, right sides jointly. Pin together cut edges plus sew up 1/4-inch straight alongside edge.
5. Turn fabric inside out by using chopstick. Press fabric with seam from middle underside.
6. Cut 2-inch long elastic piece. Turn headband ends in 1/2 inch. Put in one elastic end inside 1/2 inch headband end. Sew both sides of headband plus elastic to protect.
7. Put in loose elastic end in headband’s other end and do again all the sewing steps to protect.
8. Cut silk ribbon piece of 30-inch. Sew the straight stitch all along one side of ribbon by using needle plus thread. Collect thread to ribbon’s 1/3 length. Starting at the ending near a needle, twist the ribbon and tack it down by minute stitches to form a ribbon flower bow.
9. Sew flower bow with the headband by using needle plus thread. Thus, one can make newborn hair bows.